It can be very frustrating when working with Magento to understand exactly where a page is located. In this post I will show you the quick and easy way to see everything you need to make your life a little easier.
Revealed – Magento Behind the Curtain
The more you work in Magento, the more familiar you will become with where page templates are located. But what happens when you can’t find one? Maybe you are looking at the source code or simply guessing hopping from folder to folder in your FTP. Well, I am here today to inform you about a quick and easy setting in the Admin Panel that will make your jobs move a lot smoother and faster.
To reveal the template files that your store is loading is quite simple. You will want to enable Template Path Hints through the Admin Panel.
- Login to your admin panel
- Go to – System > Configuration > Developer
- Make sure you are in “Website View” (top left, change Default Config to your website)
- Under Developer, expand the Debug section and set Template Path Hints to Yes
- Save Configuration and be sure to flush your Cache (System > Cache Management)
Your site will now be highlighted in red showing you what templates and blocks are being called per page.
Once you have completed your work, simply repeat the steps above and turn the Template Path Hints to “No” , save, flush cache.